Delayed Luggage Protection
As a Visa International cardholder, you, your spouse and dependent children under 23 years of age will each be automatically insured up to a maximum amount each for reasonable unavoidable expenses incurred for emergency replacement of essential items during an insured trip if during said insured trip the carrier delays delivery of your baggage, misdirects it or temporarily loses it for over four hours, or delivery of baggage is delayed as a result of the carrier’s financial default.
The Insured must be a ticketed passenger on an aircraft operated by a scheduled airline.*
All frequent flyer, rewards and complimentary common carrier tickets are covered if there are taxes and/or fees associated with the ticket issuance and they are charged in their entirety to an eligible Visa card. If there are no taxes or fees, or they are paid with rewards points, only tickets earned as direct result of charges made with an eligible Visa Card will be covered.
The bank will have to send a letter to guarantee that the points acquired in the loyalty were generated by the use of the Visa card covered by the insurance.
* “Schedule Airline” means an airline listed in the Official Airline Guide or ABC World Airways
2. Delay of the insured trip must be longer than four hours.
3. Confiscation or seizure by customs or other governmental authority cannot be grounds for a claim to recover losses or expenses.
4. Only claims related to clothing or essential items purchased as a result of baggage delay will be considered if the items were purchased within four days from the actual date of arrival at destination.
5. Baggage that is allegedly delayed or lost must be formally claimed at the port of destination by immediately filing the appropriate documents with the carrier.
6. Benefit will be paid in excess of any reimbursement provided by the carrier for emergency replacement of essential items.
7. The insured must use a Visa card or cash for the purchase of the essential items. Purchases made with a non Visa credit or debit card will not be covered.
8. Coverage applies to the outbound portion of the trip and does not cover the return portion. Coverage is intended to cover the cardholder when he is away from his/her place of residence.
9. The benefit will be a maximum of USD 100 per hour starting with the fifth hour, up to the benefit amount.
2. If you do not check in according to your scheduled itinerary, except when said inaction is due to strike, industrial action or
3. If the delay is due to an industrial strike or action or mechanical/electrical malfunction or malfunction of the aircraft or vessel where you were scheduled to travel, which existed or for which advance notice was given on the start date or prior to the start date of the insured trip, or
4. If the delay is due to temporary or permanent suspension of the service of an aircraft or public transportation company by order or recommendation of any port authority or the civil aviation authority or any other similar entity in any country for which advance notice was given on the start date or prior to the start date of the Insured Trip, or
5. The carrier caused delays and the same carrier is able to repay the cost of expenses, or
6. If the delay resulted from a suspected bomb, bomb threat or bomb search, or
7. Flights returning to the original point of departure or to the city in which the Insured resides.
How is the claim submitted?
The cardholder or beneficiary has two options to open a claim:
2. Visa Customer Service Center
If you need to submit a claim or have questions regarding this program, contact the Claims Administrator, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at LACclaim@ap-visa.com or call the customer service telephone number on the back of your Visa card.