What documents should you bring when applying for a mortgage loan?
1. A job letter stating salary, allowances, status of employment and length of service as well as a recent payslip. For self employed persons you can provide financial statements (prepared by an accountant) for the last 3 years supported by bank statements.
2. Purchase Agreement or Offer for Sale between purchaser and the vendor.
3. A copy of the title document i.e. Deed of Conveyance/Lease /Certificate of Title
4. Valuation report from a valuer on Bank’s panel (consult Banker before requesting report).
5. Statements from other financial institutions reflecting savings and investments held and loan balances/instalments.
6. Two forms of identification and proof of address.
When the mortgage loan has been approved you will then need to provide your Banker with:
7. Copies of up to date receipts for Land and Building taxes, lease rent and WASA rates.
8. A WASA Clearance certificate
9. A Completion Certificate from Town and Country Planning Division for recently completed dwelling.